Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY: PAINT CHIP COLORING KIT

Last week I had fun making these paint chip coloring kits for my kids to give out in their class for valentines day.  The fabulous thing about these kits are that they are extremely inexpensive and can be used for multiple purposes (kids party favors, gifts, a "keep them busy while I drive project" for long road trips, etc.). 



This project was initially inspired by a bookmark I found on pinterest.  I thought the bookmark was pretty cute, but I decided to do something a little different once the creative juices started flowing in.  Boy, I love the feeling of that creative rush, but for me my best ideas somehow flow in at the last minute...in this case the night before.  

Luckily, I had my hubby helping me (must have caught him on a GOOD day.)  Typically, I get the "Why are you creating more work"...blah, blah, blah.  Just goes in one ear and out the the other I admit.

For my creative gurus out there you know how it feels to want to make everything look pretty.  I mean... what is wrong with that??  We're not hurting anyone... are we?  I didn't think so.  What's wrong with a little pink bow here and there People!:)




Okay, now for the instructions...

 
The kit includes the following:

1 Paint chip card (Free from Home Depot or your local paint store)
1 custom coloring page (Free)
1 custom crayon pack (Free if using crayon remnants) 
   or, 3-4 regular crayons
1 piece of candy (optional)

I used 6x5 paint chip cards from my local Home Depot store.  I choose pink and purple for my little girl and an apple green for my little boy.  Next, I printed a cute little saying on the top of the card using my printer.  I adjusted my printer to the B6 size for the 6X5 paint chip.  Perfect Fit!  After printing the cards, I folded up the bottom of the card about 1/4 of an inch.  





Then, you will need to a create a fold from the top of the card lining up to the bottom of the 1/4 fold.  It will look similar to a matchbook.  Next, punch a hole at the bottom of the folded card through both sides.



Place folded coloring page and crayon pack inside.  I found it easier to string your ribbon first through the holes and then stuff with your goodies and then quickly tie it into a bow.  


 


The end result is a cute, fun, almost free gift that any child will enjoy.


Live & Love,

J.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...